5 Uses For Plastic Canes That You Didn’t Know About
When you were a kid, did you ever think about what canes could be used for other than just walking? If you answered “no”, you’re not alone. But the reality is that there are plenty of ways to use plastic canes that you may not have considered before. In this blog post, we will showcase five unique uses for plastic canes that you may not have thought of before. From using them as makeshift chopsticks to helping you with balance, these uses for plastic canes are sure to come in handy in some way or another.
Make emergency phone calls
If you find yourself without a cane due to an injury or a lack of one, there are many ways to use plastic canes. Plastic canes can be used as walking sticks, crutches, or even makeshift spears. Here are some uses for plastic canes that you may not have known about:
-As a walking stick: If you find yourself needing help getting around but don’t have a cane, use a plastic cane as your walking stick. This will help keep your balance and prevent falls.
-As a crutch: If you suffer from arthritis or other injuries that make it difficult to walk on your own, using a crutch can be very advantageous. By using a crutch instead of relying completely on your own two feet, you can extend your life by avoiding chronic pain and improving mobility.
-As a makeshift spear: If you’re in need of self-defense and don’t have access to any other weapons, using a plastic cane as a makeshift spear is an effective option. Not only does this weapon offer defense against predators, but it’s also easy to carry around and conceal.
Assist people in need
There are many reasons why someone might need a cane. Some people have difficulty walking because of a disease or injury. Others may use canes as an extra support when they are walking. Canes can also be useful for people who have to use a wheelchair or limited mobility.
Keep your garden tidy
There are many different things that you can do with plastic garden canes that you may not have considered before. Here are five uses for plastic garden canes that you may not have known about:
1. Make a flexible fence. Cut the cane into two pieces, then bend one end into a U-shape. Insert the other end into the ground at a 45-degree angle, and pull tight to form your fence.
2. Make a windbreak. Extend the U-shaped fence section and make it as wide as you need it to be, then screw or nail it to a sturdy post or tree trunk. This will act as a barrier against windblown debris and raindrops, and help keep your plants cooler in summer months.
3. Create an artificial hedge. Cut the cane into small pieces, then spread them over an area near the ground like you would hay bales. This will create an attractive hedge that is easy to care for – all you need to do is add water when necessary!
4. Make a bird feeder from a cane chair support railings by cutting off one end of the cane and drilling holes in each end so that seed can be inserted through the holes (or use a feeder tube). Attach some twigs or branches at each end of the railing to create a perch for birds, and you’re ready to go!
5. Secure plants using natural materials instead of using synthetic materials like chain
Store food in a more efficient way
Plastic canes are often used as walking sticks, but they can also be used to store food in more efficient ways. For example, you can use a plastic cane to hold onto a bag of groceries while you open the door. You can also use a plastic cane to reach high shelves.
Create a makeshift walking stick
If you don’t have a cane, or if your cane is broke, there are some improvised ways to walk with support. One option is to use a plastic cane. Here are some uses for plastic canes that you may not have known about:
-As a makeshift walking stick: If you don’t have a cane or if your cane is broken, you can use a plastic one as a makeshift walking stick. Simply cut the top off of the plastic cane, and then fold it in half so that it’s thinner than the width of your hand. This will make it easy to hold and use as a walking stick.
-As an impromptu umbrella: If it’s raining and you don’t want to get wet, you can use a plastic cane as an impromptu umbrella. Simply spread out the bottom of the umbrella over your head, and then stand under it with your head down. This will help keep you dry while you’re walking.
-As an emergency crutch: If you’re injured and need help getting around, you can use a plastic cane as an emergency crutch. Simply hold onto the top of the cane with one hand, and lift yourself up using the other hand. This will help get you moving again quickly