How To Make A Wicker Picnic Basket In Just 15 Minutes!
When you think about picnics, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? Probably some food and a few drinks, right? But what if you didn’t have to go to the grocery store, or even leave your house? What if you could make your own picnic basket in just minutes and without any tools? That’s exactly what we’re going to show you in this blog post. By following our simple instructions, you too can create a Wicker Picnic Basket in no time at all!
What You’ll Need
To make this wicker picnic basket, you will need:
An old basket or bag
Stick or heavy object to hold the fabric down while you sew
Using a pencil, trace around the inside of your basket then cut out the shape. It doesn’t have to be perfectly accurate. Next, cut the fabric into four equal strips. Make sure they are at least 2 inches wide. Now use a needle and thread to sew one strip of fabric to the inside of each corner of your traced circle. Leave a 1-inch gap open at the top for turning. Finally, using your stick or heavy object as a guide, sew up the gaps around the edge of your basket. When you’re done, give it a good sanding and paint if desired!
How to Make the Wicker Picnic Basket
If you’re looking for a fun, easy project to do with your friends this summer, consider making a wicker picnic basket! This basket is simple to make and can be styled in so many different ways. All you need is some wicker material and some supplies for assembly. Here’s how to make one:
1. Start by stripping the wicker of any excess fabric. You’ll need about 2-3 yards of material.
2. Cut the material into pieces that will fit inside the basket along the sides and bottom. Make sure the pieces are about 18 inches wide by 24 inches long.
3. Assemble the basket by tucking each piece of fabric into the corresponding hole along the sides and bottom of the basket. Be careful not to crease or damage the fabric while assembling!
4. Finally, attach a handle to one end of the basket and fill it with goodies! You can use whatever you like – baskets full of fruit, flowers, cheese, etc. – it’s up to you!
Tips for Making a Perfect Picnic
Creating a picnic basket is easy with the help of some simple supplies and a little creativity. Here are five tips for creating a perfect picnic basket:
1) Choose Your Supplies: The most important part of making a picnic basket is choosing the right supplies. You will need cloth napkins, a container or bag to hold food, utensils, plates and cups, and finally, a place to put it all!
2) Decide On The Theme: If you’re looking for ideas for your picnic basket theme, consider incorporating elements of your favorite hobby or interest. For example, if you love gardening, include fresh produce in your basket. If you’re a fan of history, pack along some old coins or stamps. Or if you love travel, bring along regional souvenirs from your travels. The possibilities are endless!
3) Plan Your Menu: Once you have selected your supplies and chosen a theme for your basket, it’s time to plan the menu! What foods would you like to enjoy on your picnic? Consider packing items that go well together such as dips and crackers or cheese and fruit. Or create an entire meal out of just the ingredients you’ll need such as grilled chicken with roasted vegetables or skewers of beef. The possibilities are endless!
4) Organize Your Supplies: After determining what foods will be included in your picnic basket and planning the menu, it’s time to organize everything else! Fill each container or bag with