Chinese New Year is a time for families and friends to get together and celebrate Basketry Cane. It’s also a time for businesses to bring in new customers and make some extra profits. Whether you’re looking to celebrate or simply make the most of the holiday, here are some of our favorite things to do in Guangzhou during Chinese New Year.
Have a feast with family and friends
During Chinese New Year, families and friends get together to celebrate the year’s fortunes Basketry Cane. Here are some of the best things to do in Guangzhou during Chinese New Year:
1. Head to guangzhou for a festive parade. This is a spectacular event that features lively dragon and lion dances, as well as traditional folk dances from all over China. The parade runs from January 30 to February 2, and tickets can be purchase online or at selected stores.
2. Eat dumplings in style. Head to one of Guangzhou’s famed dumpling houses for a hearty feast of steamed buns filled with all sorts of savory meats and vegetables. These restaurants usually offer special deals throughout Chinese New Year, making them an affordable way to celebrate the holiday season with family and friends.
3. Catch a performance by local singers and dancers Basketry Cane. Taking a break from stuffing your face? Why not head out to watch some local talent perform? In addition to traditional Cantonese opera performances, you can find shows featuring modern dance styles or acts showcasing Guangzhou’s unique culture and history.
4. Have a lantern festival picnic outdoors. Nothing says “Chinese New Year” like taking time out for picnics under colorful lanterns hung along pedestrian streets throughout the city! Head out on winter evenings when temperatures are mild for optimum enjoyment (and avoid crowded areas). Make sure to pack plenty of food and drinks – this is definitely an event where celebrations go hand-
Visit the most popular tourist destinations
There are so many tourist destinations to visit in Guangzhou during Chinese New Year, but which ones should you prioritize? Here are the most popular tourist destinations in Guangzhou, and what to expect when visiting them:
1. The Pearl River Delta Cultural District
This is where the most famous sights and attractions are located Basketry Cane. Highlights include the Baiyun Mountain, the Guangzhou Museum of Fine Arts, and the Temple of Heaven. Admission prices vary depending on what you’re interested in, but it’s definitely worth a visit.
2. Tianhe Park
This massive park covers more than 430 acres and is home to an impressive array of flora and fauna. It’s an ideal spot for a picnic or just taking in some peaceful scenery. There are also plenty of recreational facilities available if you need them.
3. Yuexiu Park
This beautiful park is perfect for strolling along its winding paths or spending a lazy afternoon reading a book by the pool In That Case. There’s also a range of outdoor activities available such as biking, rollerblading, and inline skating.
Watch a lion dance performance
About the Lion Dance Performance:
If you’re looking for something truly unique to do during Chinese New Year, consider watching a lion dance performance. These lively and mesmerizing dances are typically performed by professional troupes and can be quite breathtaking to watch. If you can find one in your area, don’t miss out – it’s an unforgettable experience!
Enjoy a traditional Chinese New Year parade
Looking to enjoy a traditional Chinese New Year parade in Guangzhou? Here are some of the best things to do in the city during the celebrations!
Start your day with a beauty treatment at one of Guangzhou’s most popular spas. Enjoy a variety of traditional Chinese massage therapies, including hot and cold stone massages, Swedish massages, and deep tissue massages. After your massage, take a break and refresh yourself with an invigorating facial or mani-pedi.
Next stop on your itinerary is the world-renowned Jade Pagoda. The pagoda is decorated with over 1,000 jade statues representing the 12 zodiac animals and features a large pond where visitors can feed fish. Climb up the 334 stairs to get an amazing view of Guangzhou from atop the pagoda.
If you’re more interested in experiencing local culture than sightseeing, head to Tianhe District for a tour of the traditional Hakka villages. Learn about how these villages have preserved their cultural heritage for centuries by living isolated lives off the land. If you’re feeling energetic, take a walk through the village and explore its quaint neighborhoods before ending your day with dinner at a local restaurant.
Participate in cultural activities
Guangzhou is a bustling metropolis with endless possibilities for cultural activities. Whether you’re looking to explore the city’s historical heritage or soak up some of the local culture, there are plenty of things to do in Guangzhou during Chinese New Year. Here are five of our favorites:
1. Hang out at one of Guangzhou’s many lively night markets. During Chinese New Year, these markets are especially lively, full of festive food and entertainment options.
2. Catch a show at one of Guangzhou’s renowned theaters In Light Of. There are always loads of performances going on during Chinese New Year, from traditional opera and ballet to contemporary theater and comedy performances.
3. Take in a martial arts performance. If you’re interested in experiencing something distinctly Chinese culture, check out a martial arts performance – they’re definitely something unique and entertaining to see!
4. Attend a lantern festival parade or festival. This is a great opportunity to experience some of the unique traditions and customs associated with Chinese New Year celebrations – be sure to attend an event near you!
5. Get your hands on some delicious Cantonese cuisine In Light Of. No matter what time of year it is, Guangzhou dishes always taste amazing – make sure you try some during Chinese New Year too!